Adventures In Auckland, New Zealand

when I first saw the AKL direct flight on my roster I'll admit I was slightly horrified. Not because I don't like New Zealand don't get me wrong, but the thought of a 16 hr flight there and 17 hrs coming back is downright exhausting. Thankfully the entire crew were downright awesome and we successfully kept each other entertained and awake plus it's a B777 flight so it's a lot more relaxing and waaaayyyyy better in my opinion because the CRC (where we take our legal sleep time) is so much better than the A380. 

 

the feeling of joy and excitement on seeing land cannot be explained after such a long flight😂 I swear we were all hallucinating till we got to the hotel. I'll admit the first day was wasted because I slept then woke up feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I did manage to drag myself out of bed and go for a walk for some fresh air before hitting the gym and that got me back to feeling normal. as much as I'd like to say I did so much the first day I actually did nothing more than that. for dinner I had room service but wasn't exactly a big meal because I passed out again shortly afterwards. blame the jet lag.


I had this roasted beet with pumpkin, edamame and spring greens salad and a side of sweet potato fries which I inhaled so there's no photo. 
Thursday morning I set my alarm to wake up somewhat early so I could go out and do stuff and not be a bum even though with the way I was feeling that would have been awesome. i wanted to go to the Kelly Tartons Aquarium especially after Jim had told me all about it so to the aquarium I went. took an uber there since it was the simplest and easiet way to get there but I walked back so it balances out nicely.
 

 



 

 

by the time I got back to the hotel it was 4hrs later and my feet were painful but it was fun walking around finding my way, some people would say it's dangerous but I mean it was the middle of the day in Auckland, I felt pretty safe however had it been night time that would be a completely different story. 
On the 2nd jet lag woke me up at 3am which would normally suck except I needed to nap a bit later before the long flight back so I went to the gym for a bit then breakfast before going out for a nice walk to try get myself a bit tired and I also went wine shopping to add to my world collection lol. I hardly drink but I feel like it's fancy to have wines and beers from around the world. 
The flight back to Dubai was 16hrs 45 min and oh my dear lord that was long. By the time we landed back my eyes were burning, my legs ached and I'm surprised I managed to get home in one piece. I'm kidding. It wasn't that bad and I would do this flight again because New Zealand is awesome.



room service Laksa when you're too tired to do anything.

 

my favorite go-to in Auckland for smoothies and fresh juices.


Comments

Popular Posts