Layover Life: Dallas, Texas

January 05, 2017

Hello from Dallas! After spending a good 16hrs in the plane from Dubai, I could not wait to get to the hotel, take a nice long bath and fall into bed for a nap. On the flight over a few of us decided we would go watch a basketball game (Mavericks VS Suns) so as soon as we signed in at the hotel we looked for the tickets online then arranged to meet in the lobby at 6:30pm to make our way there. At first 9 of us were going then 3 bailed because they didn't want to spend the money so 6 of us were going. 
After a 2 hr nap I made my way to the gym for my usual post flight/post nap workout to help myself feel better and keep some routine, then I got ready. 
I'm the kind of person who if I say I'll be somewhere at a certain time or if I'm meeting crew to go do something, I actually go and I'm always there 5-10 minutes early but it seems to be a normal occurrence that when crew say they'll be down or they'll come they like never show up. They just go silent and disappear like ninjas😂 
In the end after waiting a good 15-20 minutes we didn't want to wait any longer or we'll be late for the game so only 4 of us went. 

 

The drive to the stadium was around 15-20 minutes from the hotel and one of the captains had rented a car so he was our driver for the night and since I was the only one with mobile data (I have an international roaming plan) I was in charge of the gps guidance though I think at first the guys were a bit uneasy about that. I mean asian female reading map doesn't sound that safe😂 
We got to the American Airline Center, parked and practically ran from the car park to the stadium because damn it's cold here in Dallas. I made the rookie mistake of not checking google weather for the temperature here so I didn't pack the correct clothes for this type of weather. At least I always have a sweater/jacket in my suitcase since I always get cold anyways so I wasn't completely without warmth. 
 
We got ourselves some snacks and drinks then made our way to our seats. The first 2 quarters of the game were kinda slow but the last 2 were amazing and even though the Mavericks lost it was a lot of fun. 
After the game we made our way to find food, the guys wanted bbq ribs and wings so we found a place near the hotel. Over the past 2 days my appetite has been slowly coming back after being subdued by stress and anxiety. The fact that I'm feeling hunger pangs again makes me so happy I could cry. Stress is no joke. Anxiety is no joke. I'm just glad to be feeling better so my life can be back to the way it was. 
By the time I got into bed it was nearly midnight which was great because I managed to sleep through the night straight till 9am. Didn't really have any plans for the next day other than to wander down to Barnes & Nobles to check out the books and sit at their cafe to read and have a hot drink.
 

 Little did I know that I would freeze myself walking there😂 I mean seriously if it wasn't windy it wouldn't have been too bad but the wind just made it so much worse. 
Halfway through the day it started snowing like crazy. Snowing. In Dallas. I was shocked. I mean it was strange enough to me that it was this cold but snow? Never thought that would happen in Dallas. 
 
I spent the rest of the afternoon napping, reading and just chilling. Some part of me wishes my man could have been here with me to give me cuddles and the other part wishes I was with him in Bali chilling on the beach enjoying the sun and sea. Cabin Crew problems I know. 
My dinner tonight is roomservice because I don't want to leave the warmth of my room or bed until I have to fly back to Dubai tomorrow. 
 
Thai coconut shrimp and a club sandwich. So much yum. I'm off to bed soon, the jet lag is intense and I want a good nights sleep before dealing with the 14hr flight tomorrow. I'm excited to get back to Dubai. Not that excited for my reserve month that's starting when I get back but at least I'll have the love of my life to get me through everything. 
Till next time Dallas! 
Next stop: who knows. crew scheduling will tell me. 

Comments

Popular Posts