Layover Life: Capetown, South Africa

Hello again! 
Well I finally got around to writing again, stuff has been stressful but it's getting better now and I can finally post about layover adventures from the last couple months :) plus I'm currently in Beijing with nothing to do as I managed to slip on instant noodle soup during the flight over and twist my knee and ankle a bit like the clumsy dumb dumb I am.  

I had never been to Cape Town before this, I have done Johannesburg and Durban a few times but Cape Town always eluded me no matter if I bid for it or tried to swap onto it so I consider it very lucky that I swapped a Kuala Lumpur flight for this Cape Town. 

I already had my layover plans set in my mind, I was going to sleep right away when we got there so I could wake up nice and early, take an Uber to Table Mountain hopefully early enough to catch the sunrise! The whole crew including the pilots were a cool bunch which made the 9hr flight go by so fast and we all had so much fun. A lot of them went out for dinner and drinks but I opted out so I could stick with my plan the next day. 



Sunrise was beautiful, I haven't had the opportunity to watch a sunrise for a while which made this all the more special to me. Natures beauty is amazing and I am constantly in awe of it. 



Originally there were supposed to be 4-5 of us going for the hike but as per usual it ended up being 2 of us haha #crewlife 
For real though, it's a regular occurrence. Anyways we both decided to take the easier route up Platteklip Gorge since we were jet lagged and didn't really sleep much the night before (lazy excuses I know I know) 

We started off at a pretty good pace but then I started to notice that my hiking partner was falling behind a lot so I decided to slow down or I would walk up ahead then wait for her to catch up. She did tell me to go on ahead because she felt bad making me wait for her but I told her that was a silly idea I mean for real, I invite you to come hiking with me then abandon you half way there? No thanks. Leave no person behind!😂 

It took us about 75-80 minutes to climb the whole way up which in my opinion is pretty darn good! And boy oh boy the view was sooooooo worth it! 








I really felt like I accomplished something that day😂 also got my cardio and leg workout it all in one! 




Up top these little creatures were just hanging around enjoying life until I came along and wanted a photo with them. The entire time I was watching it out of the corner of my eye for fear it would jump me!😂

We met another 2 of our crew up on top of the mountain (they were the ones who overslept and didn't join us in the first place😉) together we walked around a bit, took photos and dragged our lazy butts to the cable car to take us back to the bottom. I didn't get any wine on this trip, mainly because Jim and I have a very large collection as it is with no space to add more if that's even something possible. 
Cape Town is a beautiful place, it took me 2.5 years to finally get the flight but it was worth it and the Roster gods have blessed me with another one in July as well! I'm contemplating whether to go do Table Mountain again or hike Lions Head. Knowing me I will end up going to Table Mountain because the hike is peaceful and beautiful and it's also my workout for the day which makes it a perfect combination! If you ever make it to Cape Town I highly recommend it even if you dont hike but take the cable car up and down it's still worth it. That being said, I'm off to bed so goodnight from Beijing! xoxo

Next Stop: Bangalore, India 🇮🇳 

Comments

Popular Posts