Layover Life: Perth, Australia

What’s the first thing you think of when you hear Perth, Australia? For me well I didn’t know what to think, it wasn’t really high up on my list till I made friends there and realized I actually know more people there which meant I should probably go there and visit the place. 
Being my second time there and having a friend on the flight I wanted to do something fun so we decided on a day trip to Rottnest Island. It sits just offshore from Perth, about 19km West of Fremantle. It’s a protected nature reserve and home to the quokka.



HOW WE GOT THERE: 

firstly I had no idea how to get there, we had someone else do the research and planning for us😂 so sad I know but it was his home city so he knew what he was talking about. anyways, we took the train from Perth station to Fremantle which cost 4.70 AUS dollars each way. The ride is about 15 minutes going and a bit longer on the way back because it stops at every station returning. Once you get to Fremantle it’s less than 5 minutes walk to the ferry port. 
We went with Rottnest Express and that was 60 Aus dollars per person return trip plus we rented a bike so the total was 90 AUS dollars a person. We later found out that crew get a discount so that’s useful for later adventures. 
The ferry ride was pretty short, maybe 15-20 minutes max and we were at the beautiful island. 







Once you get to the island please make sure you apply plenty of SPF 50 and reapply frequently because the sun down there is vicious and will burn you without you even knowing. 



we forgot to take a map with us so we basically just biked around not knowing where we were or where we were going haha but it was so much fun and the island is ridiculously gorgeous with so many photogenic spots. There are plenty of rest spots, convenient stores and a few restaurants scattered about if you get hungry or tired. 











I mean for real though😍 it was like being on a whole different planet! 
we biked around for 2-3 hrs before heading back to Fremantle for lunch then back to the hotel for a pre flight nap. Fremantle is such a pretty town with so many delicious places to eat, we went to a seafood place on the water and had such good food👌🏽
I’m not entirely sure if it was the trip or the trip plus the company I was with for the trip but it was so much fun and totally worth the exhaustion of the long flight. 
I got back to Dubai and legit slept the whole day😂 normally I would make myself get up and gym and cook and do something productive but I really couldn’t think of anything but sleep. So glad I did though, I think my body really needed the rest. 2 days off in Dubai then I’m off for the 5 day trip to Bangkok and Sydney again! 

xoxo Chloe

Instagram: thethairishadventures

YouTube: The Thairish Adventures

Facebook: The Thairish Adventures

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beauty full places . i like your pictures that you capture of these place. thanks for shearing.
    meet and greet Gatwick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts