2020. Life Update.

 I honestly don't know what happened to this year. It started off great then we got to March and Covid-19 got worse and now the world is an absolute mess. 

I was let go from Emirates due to the pandemic outbreak on June 15 2020 through an email saying that due to the pandemic my services were no longer needed. It was heartbreaking. Flying was the one job I did for 8 years and actually really loved it so it was a big loss for me. 

I gave myself 2 days to feel sorry for myself then I knew if I wanted to stay in Dubai I would have to get my shit together, update my CV and apply for jobs. In the middle of an international pandemic you can only imagine how hard that is considering the amount of companies letting people go. 

I spent a month applying for jobs and going to interviews, there were and probably still are plenty of companies and individuals trying to take advantage of newly let go people by offering horrible salaries and or just being plain sleazebags. I speak from first hand experience here ok. 

After a lot of stress and job hunting I can now say I have a job. The hustle is real over here. 

The apartment I was originally at was and still is too expensive, I have a loan and a credit card to pay as well as 3 dogs to look after so I made the executive decision to downsize my living space. However life is never very simple and there's always more shit to deal with. This last week was a mess, emotionally, physically and mentally draining. I moved 4 times in the past 2 weeks, cried more this month than I ever had in my 32 years of living and came so close to throwing in the towel and just giving up to go back to Thailand. 

Thankfully my mom was there like she always is. She gave me a much needed pep talk to take a deep breath, think about how much I have done and how far I've managed and take everything one step at a time. I don't know what I would do without my family, as much as they annoy me when they steal my food, I love each and everyone of them to the ends of the earth.

Moving apartments in Dubai is a major hassle in case anyone is planning on doing it anytime soon. The first apartment I moved to, well their management changed their pet policy so I was told I would have the cops called on me if I tried bringing my dogs in. I lost it. I had nowhere to go and nowhere to put the dogs. Two of my friends came to the rescue and they offered to take care of them till I got myself sorted, they had 5 dogs in their 1 bedroom apartment just because I needed help. 

I'm about to cry thinking about it. They helped when I really needed someone and I will never be able to thank them enough. Tough times really show how people are and I love these two. Throughout lockdown and my emotional days they've been there to help. 

I've now moved into my new place and I can breathe again, its calm and peaceful, I don't have to deal with drama or emotional stress. Just me and the dogs although to be fair the apartment is theirs seeing as I'm only home a few hrs a day because of all my work. Don't worry. They aren't left alone, they have someone with them all hrs I'm not there. A nanny if a title is so needed. Shes the best and like my little sister and shes been helping to look after them since I got them all so she knows them and understands their training and keeps everything running smoothly. 

I had to sell every piece of furniture when I moved out of my original apartment only to have 2 places fall through and now I need to get everything all over again. currently sleeping on my sofa bed which is comfy af and it's still a bed so there is no complaints from me. this life update isn't for any pity. it's just an update. I know people see what I do on Instagram and think life is beautiful and glorious but we all have struggles we don't speak about. There's a lot I'm not adding in here, just the general overview, mainly because it's stuff y'all don't need to know about. 

My family is safe and healthy for which I am very grateful for. Dad is dad and our relationship is the same as it's always been. It's great until we're in the same room then we just argue. I love the guy but he's very set in his way of thinking and it annoys the hell out of me. We've always had a rocky relationship but we do love each other I promise. 

Mom stresses a lot, I didn't want to tell her about my job loss till I found something else. Didn't need her to be more stressed than she already is. I can't imagine how much she worries about all her kids. I don't have kids but I raised my siblings and I still worry about them, the amount of worry you have when it's your own child? bloody hell. 

I miss my mom, I miss my family. Knowing I probably wont see them again for a while is depressing. I used to at least see them once a month when flying but now with that gone its online chats and video calls till further notice. I am aware that working at Emirates is a very cushioned life. I was blessed with it and now that I'm normal life again it's taking getting used to. I'm not complaining don't get me wrong. I just never had no place to call home so the past couple weeks was an emotional and mental shock. 

I did learn how to drive during the lockdown though so there's a great thing that came out of it. 32 years old and a global pandemic got me driving. 

I've got to get back to work now but I hope this update entertains you to some degree. Have a great week and stay safe! 

xoxo

Chloe


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it was one job I really loved doing...never say never!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts