Layover: Christmas Market in Brussels, Belgium

December 17,2016

 

It's been almost a year since I was last in Brussels. I bid for it this month because I really wanted to see a few different Christmas markets around Europe and I am happy to say they are awesome. So many cute things to buy, delicious food to eat and best of all so much Ghulwein and hot chocolate to drink🍷☕️
The hotel we stay at is just around the corner from the center of town so it was only a 2 minute walk to get there. At first I was actually considering staying in just because it was cold and I still wasn't feeling very good however I am proud to say I didn't. I put on my big girl panties and braved the cold.

 


 

 

At first there were a few of us walking around (before we split up and went in different directions which usually happens😂) some of the others were hungry and wanted to have mussels which is something they are well known for here in Brussels. That and chocolate and fries and waffles. Most of the waffle shops have on display a variety of waffles with toppings to choose from or you could just go crazy and make your own and pile it up with everything. This is definitely not something I would advise if you're trying to be healthy😂 
Oh and beer. Let's not forget about all the beer. I went into a liquor shop to find some beer for the man and oh my dear lord I didn't know what I was doing. There's just too many to choose from, I think I just closed my eyes and played eeny meeny miny moe😂 along the way I stopped in numerous chocolate and candy stores to admire the delicious mouth watering goodies. 

 

I can honestly say as much as I don't like cold weather I'm actually starting to get the hang of this whole layering clothes to stay warm thing. I mean cold is still cold and it gets painful but if you have enough on it's actually tolerable even though I look like an oompah loompah😂 Not gonna lie, I might end up bidding for this layover a lot now. 
With that being said it is now time for me to hit the hay (aka go to sleep) because it's been a long day and I need to try catch up on so much sleep. My sleep debt at the moment must be through the roof🙄🙈 welcome to the glam life. 

See you next time Brussels! 
Next stop: Bangkok, Thailand🇹🇭

Comments

Popular Posts