Layover Life| Yangon, Myanmar

📍Yangon, Myanmar 





good morning beautiful people♥️ my trip to Yangon,Myanmar was amazing. I will definitely be coming back here again! The first day we arrived late evening and due to lack of sleep prior to the flight I was so exhausted I just slept the whole night. When I woke up I felt soooooo much better so I went to workout for a bit only to realize the breakfast was finished when I got done haha! 
Not that that was a problem since the hotel does an all day breakfast on their room service menu ;) 
We do a Phnom Phen shuttle (which means there and back) the next afternoon and then the 2nd day in Yangon is the best to do any site seeing since you have the whole day.
Here’s a tip, if you get there at night and aren’t too tired then you should grab a bit to eat then head to the pagoda to see it’s beauty all lit up at night time or even sunrise if you can wake up early enough. It’s an amazing sight. 







The next morning a group of us met at 10am for the temple tour. For EK crew we have a discounted package for $20 and you can choose which places you want to see. I’ve been before so I went mainly to have something to do and to practice my photography skills. 
Our tour lasted 4hours in total since the girls and I did take our time stopping to take a million photos everywhere! 







I’ve come to see that handing a DSLR camera to some people crew or not is just like handing them an alien. They look at it like it’s from another planet and have no idea how to use it even if you have it set to the basic functions and help them haha **HELP** this is why my tripod and timer and remote are my best friends for a lot of the photos I take of myself.











the heat was immense and we were all sweaty piggies by the end of the tour but it was fun and it was worth it. After the 3rd temple stop we swung by the market to grab ourselves some deliciously fresh coconuts. I love coconuts. coconut water, coconut meat, everything coconut is just the best! 











don’t forget if you’re visiting temples to cover you legs and shoulders and no cleavage. it may not be your religion and you may not understand but have some respect and behave. You are in their country so you owe them that much. 
If you do forget to bring something along to cover up you can rent a shawl at the temple for 3000 kyats and you can either keep it as a souvenir or return it for your money back. I don’t think the currency can be exchanged anywhere else in the world so if you don’t want it laying around you should exchange it for US DOLLARS before you leave. 
The temple does charge 8000 kyats or around 7-8 dollars as entry fee. There is no camera fee so don’t worry about that one. Once inside I don’t remember seeing any place that sells water or refreshments of any kind so you’re better off bringing something yourself to stay hydrated and not get hangry. The tour also finishes well before wake up call for crew so you have a few hours to catch a nap before you need to fly out. 
I did really love the desserts they have, reminds me of Thailand and they are actually very similar. 
You guys should definitely visit Myanmar. Whether you do it backpacker style or nice hotels it should be on your list. Make your way to Bagan if you can. I won’t tell you why but look it up online and you’ll see why you should go there as well x
For now I’ve got to finishing editing the photos for the rest of the girls and send them to them as well as tidy the flat up, do laundry and spend time with my fur babies since I haven’t been home for 3 days. 
Hope you enjoyed this photo diary and random rambles from my side and I’ll catch you later on my next post! 

xoxo CL

📍Next Stop| Perth

Comments

  1. Lovely pictures! Lucky you. I'm living vicariously through your travel adventures. Hey it would be nice if you did a blog/vlog where you tell us about your upbringing, your parents and family life? I'm curious since you're Thai & Irish, how did your parents meet? Are they still together? Nosy I know, but inquiring minds want to know! I hope you read this and do it. I love learning about people's lives! Thanks!❤️🙏🏼😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahahaha my upbringing would be a whole text book! a video would probably be a lot easier to do so I’ll add that to my list

      Delete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers! beijing layover tour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll immediately grab your rss as I can't find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks. yangon city tours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem? myanmar tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to convey my affection for your kind-heartedness supporting men and women that really want help with this important subject matter. Your very own commitment to getting the solution all around had been extraordinarily important and has in every case empowered most people much like me to reach their ambitions. The interesting guidelines denotes this much a person like me and a whole lot more to my office colleagues. Warm regards; from each one of us.myanmar travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly fascinating and alluring article you have here. I truly appreciated perusing this post and I completely concur with your presumption. shanghai layover tour It is incredible to see such web journals like this. Much obliged to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice and Interesting Information.
    Thanks for sharing and keep it up writing.
    Myanmar tours packages

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts