Layover Life: Jakarta, Indonesia

 

Hello from Jakarta, Indonesia! I was originally rostered a flight to Colombo, Sri Lanka but I wanted more flying hours (because I gotta pay bills and all that) so I swapped onto this flight. It's about a 7:30hrs flight and the departure time from Dubai is at 4am which makes it hard. Normally I can sleep like a baby any time any where but for the last week I've been having problems sleeping and just so you know I may be smiling and doing my job but I have no idea how. I'm pretty much switched on auto pilot and following my training haha. Seriously though I don't know how I've been doing that. We got to Jakarta around 3pm but it was a little past 5 by the time we reached the hotel due to traffic and the hotel being on the other side of the city. 
I had the best intentions to hit the gym when I arrived but due to lack of sleep that wasn't going to happen. A few of the crew and I made a plan to meet for dinner and drinks. Needless to say there were no photos taken. The state we were in there was no way I was getting that on camera. 

 

I fell asleep. Wait no I fell unconscious at around 9pm and I don't even remember that. I had to set an alarm to wake up 3hrs before wake up so I could gym and eat and get ready at my own pace. I hate rushing so I always start getting ready 30-60 minutes before wake up. 
Breakfast was finished by the time I was ready to eat so I went with the most convenient aka room service. 

 

One cannot go to Indonesia and not have Nasi Goreng. This was the hotels Nasi Goreng Special and it was amazing. I asked them for extra spicy and they delivered. All the hotel staff were so welcoming, helpful and extremely friendly, always smiling and eager to help. I didn't really manage to do much this layover other than go for a walk around the area and sleep a whole lot so I might need to get this flight again to explore a little more, the only problem is the traffic and getting back to the hotel in time so will have to figure that one out. 

 

I don't remember the name of this dish but it looks pretty. I didn't eat it so I have no idea how it tastes haha. 
By the time we had to leave to the airport it was raining and I can honestly say when it's raining I really don't want to do anything other than curl up in bed and sleep and watch tv and cuddle. The crew on my flight were amazing. The seniors were amazing and the flight there and back was so much fun! Definitely somewhere I would go back again. Till next time! 

xoxo Chloe❤️

Next Stop: Seattle, Washington 

Instagram: 

Facebook: 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts