Layover Life: Seattle, Washington

Ever since I started flying I've been wanting to visit Seattle. It's one of the best cities in America (in my opinion) and my favorite destination. It seemed like such a hard flight to get though because no matter how hard or how many times I asked for it I never got it😂🙄 first world problems. Anyways this month I was surprised when they gave not one but TWO flights there and I was so happy😁 the weather on both trips was pretty good, the second day it rained a bit but both times the day we arrived it was sunny and perfect to go walk around and spend a few hours enjoying the city. I've decided to share a few things and places I went to and where you should totally visit if you go. 

 

Pike Place Market is a must see when you're there, there's just so much to see and do in that one place you could actually spend the day exploring everything. It's more crowded during the day with locals and tourists everywhere but that's to be expected. The food/drink options in the area are unlimited and it's a great place to just sit and people watch.

 

 
                                   
The Space Needle is also a famous one, you can go up top to get a view of the city. The view isn't that great on a cloudy day but it's still worth it, there's also food up there so you can sit and eat with an amazing view.
Right beside the Space Needle is the Seattle center where they hold different events throughout the year or you can go in and walk around during the day. It was closed already by the time we got there so I only got photos of the outside😂

 

                                 

If you love seafood then Seattle is the perfect place for you. The girls and I went to The Crab Pot down on the waterfront and guys that place is the best!

 
                                  

                                              

I had a glass of their house sangria with all the food and damn it was good. They have 4 different prices depending on what kind of seafood you want and it's per person. The girls and I chose the $43 per person and it had snow crab, shrimp, oysters, mussels, clams, corn, potatoes and sausages all boiled in their house spices. They bring it out in a big bowl and pour it on the table for you to pick and share with melted butter, ketchup and hot sauce for dipping. 
They give you cute bibs (which you will need because it gets messy) and a wooden hammer and board to crack open the crab shells. The crab cake starters are spectacular. I don't know if it's just because we were all incredibly hungry but we finished everything off with no trouble. 
 
To end our day we went to Pike Brewery for a drink. It's on 1st Ave right beside the the market. I tried their Pike Hive Five hopped honey ale and I'm not a big beer drinker but hot damn it was tasty! They sell them as well if you're visiting but want to take it home with you😉
 


Next is a collection of random photos taken throughout the day❤️
 
 

I found a Starbucks that isn't in Asia that makes my favorite Matcha Frappucino!!! If you know me you know that this is a big deal and makes me beyond happy😁😁😁 with the Sakura blossoms around and my drink in hand it felt like I was in Asia for a hot minute. 


  
You also cannot forget to visit the famous bubble gum wall. I personally find it gross because ew all that gum that's been in people's mouths...*barf* but it makes for a cool photo😂
The girls and I didn't have any gum on us at the time so we didn't leave our mark and I honestly just wanted to run through so I didn't breathe any grossness in. OCD problems. 
It was sunny the entire day but still chilly for me. When it comes to cold weather I'm very intolerant. Anyone who has been around me when it gets cold probably gets pissed off because I start whining😂 Iceland is probably never gonna happen. 

 
So that concludes my layover in Seattle! I don't know when I'll be back, hopefully soon because there's still quite a few things I have yet to do and quite a few places I need to eat at! I've got 10 days off for my birthday week! Might go to BKK for a few or might stay in Dubai and have a chilled staycation, we shall see what happens😁
Till next time Seattle! xoxo

Chloe💋

Instagram: 

Facebook: 

Comments

Popular Posts