You Won't Stay Young Forever

 

Well there's a blatantly obvious title. In little over 2 weeks I will be turning the ripe old age of 29. Holy Moly. 29. Seriously. Ugh. That means I only have 365 days left till I'm officially 30 and apparently that's when everything goes downhill...you get fat, your hangovers last for days. I have yet to experience what this hangover thing is. I've avoided it so far and I'm not complaining because it honestly sounds ghastly.
All jokes aside now that I'm in my super late 20's here are some things I have come to learn through the years. 

 

You Can't Save Everyone. 

Ever since I was young I would be the one trying to mother, protect and care for everyone. Whether it's covering for them if they did something stupid, lending them money (more like giving them money because I never got it back) forgiving people too easily, just trying to be the bigger person and taking the hits so they didn't have to suffer. 
It was exhausting, mentally and physically I would be the one struggling and although at times it's good to be the martyr and all that jazz I learned that if you're too nice to people they'll just walk all over you. I wasn't naive or thinking everyone was good inside and out. Most of the time I knew nothing they said would actually happen but I'm the kind of person to give you the benefit of doubt even when I believe wholeheartedly that it's complete bull. 
I've come to the point in my life where I'm not afraid to say no and it's very ok to say no. I say it nicely but I still say no. I learned to stand up for myself and even though peer pressure was never a problem for me it was still a big thing to be able to say sorry dude you're a grown adult you got yourself into whatever mess this is so get yourself out. 

Say What Now? 

Somewhere in your mid 20's you reach a point where you just don't care what other people think. I don't think I ever had that problem to be honest. I was teased and bullied throughout my childhood but I didn't care nor did I give those idiots much thought so following the same protocol when I started modeling and people would tell me my legs were too muscular, my nose wasn't perfect or I was fat (Asians have this thing with just calling you fat/dark/short and all sorts of other things if you don't look exactly like what they envision models to look like) I must admit it did affect me at first. I developed serious self esteem problems which is why when I have a daughter I'm not sure I want her to model. It's a vicious environment and if you don't have a strong mind and strong personality you'll get sucked into the bad side of it. Nowadays basically if I don't care about you then I could care less about your opinion. The only people who could really say something that I would think about are my family (that includes close friends because they are also considered my family) anyone else and their opinions can suck it. 

 

You Should Totally Go And Love Yourself. 

You deserve it. You deserve to treat yoself. You deserve to love yourself. You are special. It's taken me nearly 29 years to love myself and I'm still not even remotely close. I have days where I wake up, look in the mirror and want to cry. I have days where I feel fat and unattractive and I wonder how anyone could stay with me. I have days where my self esteem is at the bottom of the pond somewhere. 
When I have bad days I blame myself, I talk down to myself and call myself names. The other day Jim did the best thing ever. He told me from now on I'm not allowed to belittle myself. I'm not allowed to call myself names or hurt myself by putting myself down. That definitely got me thinking why and how that all started. I could blame it on a lot of things and a lot of people. I could blame it on my childhood, I could blame it on my past relationships. I choose not to. I'm not going to blame anything or anyone. What happened in the past happened in the past and it should stay right there. In the past. I have tiger stripes (aka stretch marks) I have cellulite here and there. I eat a lot and I workout a lot and I'm still learning that balance is everything and self love is the key to being happy. 

Trust Your Gut Instincts 

99.9% of the time they are right 

Drink Lots of Water

I've always been a water drinker and it's very important. I try get 2-3 liters down every single day. Your aging skin will love you for it. 

Read As Much As You Can

Books will always be there for you and you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book. Plus reading is educational and in this day and age finding someone who can talk about a book and how great it is is pretty slim so be that person.

 

Staying In Is The New Going Out

I love game nights, drinking at home with friends, hanging out and being able to talk without straining my vocal chords for hours. I do love going out dancing and have a good night out but if I was given the choice then chill nights at home is my top bid.

For The Right Person You Never Have To Hide

The right one will see you good and bad and still be there. There won't be any need to hide your crazy haha actually just keep it at a steady 2% to keep them guessing 

Let Yourself Be Taken Care Of

No it's not being spoiled to let yourself be taken care of. You can be a baby and allow it just don't take advantage of it.


Take a chill pill and relax. He isn't going to sleep with every girl if he likes their photo on Instagram or Facebook. 

Fries should most definitely come before guys.

Coffee is the best thing you could ever have.

Compassion Is Never Misplaced

This is important. 

Sleeping at 8-9pm doesn't mean you don't have a life. Especially in my job haha.

Last but not least for this post. Don't take things too personally. Whether it's jobs, things, people, job titles, relationship statuses, situations, events etc. just remember that not everything can be controlled and if things aren't what you envisioned them to be then hey shit happens and life goes on. 


 

Hugs & Kisses,

Chloe💋

Shop the look❤️

Jersey From: 

Jeans From:

Shoes From: 
Platinum Mall in Bangkok

Photos By:
 Kelsey Johnson








Comments

Popular Posts